Friday, July 11, 2014

Birding England, July 1-11, 2014


Tring Reservoirs
Chess Valley
Chess Valley
Shardeloes
Birding with a Yorkie at Shardeloes
Shardeloes
Tring Greylags
Tring
Tring
Grizzled at Tring
Hills of Amersham
Best birding partner ever
I've been in England for almost two weeks now, birding regularly. Summer is quiet here, but I think I've picked up a respectable number of local birds in my time here so far. Bumping into a few other birders has been a bit strange for me, coming from Korea, where each birder is issued their own province, ha ha. The weather has been mostly gorgeous, but notoriously susceptible to sudden and dramatic change.

  The charming little town of Amersham, in Buckhinghamshire (Bucks) is where I'm based, and all of my birding has been in and around this area. The plentiful and low-flying Red Kites are lovely to watch, and apparently they've been reintroduced to the area relatively recently.
  Other than highly recommending the Collins Bird Guide, I have not much else to report. Oh, I'm in love with the word 'Yellowhammer'. Yellowhammer. Yellowhammer. Yellowhammer.

No comments:

Post a Comment