Sunday, February 12, 2017

Way back when







Gotta love those skiddy hoar frost morning rides
Robin, Subho, and Loghry try to spot an Eastern Water Rail at dusk - two of them succeeded... 
Tim finally gets his Sandhill Crane
Tim scans the bay from the seawall for a sunset surprise
I find my second Suncheon Sandhill
Eurasian Nuthatch Sitta europaea
Eurasian Siskin Spinus spinus
Daurian Redstart Phoenicurus auroreus
Eurasian Magpie Pica pica
Little Grebes Tachybaptus ruficollis huddle and circle on a ridiculously small unfrozen patch
Cinereous Vulture Aegypius monachus
Hooded Crane Grus monacha
  It’s been a slow bird week, so I was having a traipse down memory lane, sifting through old Suncheon folders from this time last year, and found a few I had plum forgotten about in the mindless scramble of my last month in Korea. Here are a few more memories from the best patch I’ve had the pleasure of birding in - although it was being steadily degraded by encroaching development when I left, and I hear that has continued unabated. Incidentally, the memories would have paled without the cool dudesters in those pics.
  Going up north tomorrow for a few days to hang out with Joey, and I’ve got some ambitious, Google Maps-inspired winter birding planned. Fingers crossed.

No comments:

Post a Comment