Thursday, November 23, 2017

Turiffic Turdus

American Robin Turdus migratorius...check out that bill!
American Robin Turdus migratorius 
American Robin Turdus migratorius
House Finch Haemorhous mexicanus
White-throated Sparrow Zonotrichia albicollis
  ‘Twas a lovely crisp morning on the mount, glad I layered up - my wips got fwozened. I got wrapped up in a wave of confiding American Robins in Oak Ridge, after I did the statue routine for a few minutes – they were literally walking over my shoes. One male had an overgrown upper mandible, but still seemed to be loving life. Gotta love them Turdidae – I miss the motley variety found in Korea.

Mount-Royal Cemetery, (Notre-Dame-des-Neiges Cemetery), November 23, 2017
Peregrine Falcon-1 over the north entrance
Downy Woodpecker-1
Hairy Woodpecker-2 (1)
American Crow-5 (2)
Black-capped Chickadee-27 (7)
White-breasted Nuthatch-2 (2)
Red-breasted Nuthatch-2
American Robin-50+ in the west and centre of MRC
Northern Cardinal-4
White-throated Sparrow-1 by the feeder
Dark-eyed Junco-2 (1)
American Goldfinch-3 (3)
House Finch-1 male by the feeder

No comments:

Post a Comment