Friday, February 3, 2012

Mammals of Korea (a few more)


Roe, a deer, a female deer - Jeju Island, March 2009
Roe Deer Capreolus capreolus, Jeju Island, March 2009
Roe Deer Capreolus capreolus, Jeju Island, March 2009
Mysterious windowsill rodent head (perhaps a Dsinezumi Shrew?)
  I found some shinier pictures of Roe Deer from near the summit of Mount Halla on Jeju Island (at 1950m, the highest peak in South Korea). Additionally, I came across a picture of a rodent head on a windowsill. I had a very strange student at the time who was being raised by his grandparents on a pig farm, and I suspect he brought the head in and put it there, and watched the ensuing uproar (girls screaming and standing on chairs, as they do) with twisted glee. From the muzzle, it looks possibly like a shrew.
  Ok, back to birds. Although I do have some good pics of 'Reptiles of Korea'....

No comments:

Post a Comment