Sunday, June 17, 2018

Canadian Tiger Swallowtail

Canadian Tiger Swallowtail Papilio canadensis
  One time, I saw a butterfly. It had doohickies and thingamabobs on it.
  I meant to write a post whining about hard it is to differentiate between Bicknell's and Grey-cheeked Thrushes, but I lost the pictures of a supposed Bicknell's I got last year, so that ain't happening. I lost the pictures. On my computer. In my computer. Inside of it.
  When I was reading up on the Yellow-billed Cuckoo the other day, I learned that, according to Peterson, their song is, and I quote: "...a rapid throaty ka-ka-ka-ka-ka-ka-ka-ka-ka-ka-ka-ka-kow-kow-kowlp-kowlp-kowlp-kowlp." So remember that.
  In other news, should I go live in Myanmar? I betcha there are some nutty birds out there.

No comments:

Post a Comment