Monday, January 30, 2017

White Squall

Pre-squall
Squall line
Post-squall

Clot of owlers
Canada Goose Branta canadensis - Could it get any more Canadian than this?
Red-bellied Woodpecker Melanerpes carolinus
American Tree Sparrow Spizella arborea
Song Sparrow Melospiza melodia
One of each
Ile Saint-Bernard, January 29, 2017
  Dan and I went to Ile Saint-Bernard yesterday, always a lovely spot. Initially sunny, a huge snow squall pushed through around noon. I liked it. There was a pair of Great Gray Owls around, but we were too cool to hang around the scrum - too cool for those squares, daddy-o. I actually loathe being around such a scene. That's just me. Anyway, we found our own Great Gray a few years back at the Arbo (http://snowyowllost.blogspot.ca/2013/01/montreal-morgan-arboretum-january-16.html). I got a kick out of watching Song and American Tree Sparrows interact.

No comments:

Post a Comment