Wednesday, April 10, 2024

Snowball snow, Juncos, and a sun gone dark

Totality from my front steps

3:27 pm

Dark-eyed Junco Junco hyemalis

Dark-eyed Junco Junco hyemalis

American Robin Turdus migratorius

Eurasian Starling Sturnus vulgaris
(through the window)

Current mood


April 4

April 7

  A few days ago we got one final snow dump – heavy snowball snow that knocked out power grids and sent everyone back to the Stone Age for a spell. It all melted quickly enough. Fun fun.

  I birded at my NDG patch on April 7, and spotted ten species in 90 minutes, as per usual. The Dark-eyed Juncos are back (they don’t overwinter there), and I’m betting White-throated Sparrows, phoebes, and kinglets will be around next weekend.

  In other news, the total solar eclipse (April 8) was pretty rad. Felt like a treat to be able to watch it from my front steps.

No comments:

Post a Comment